NETBALL REGULATIONS – NORTHERN SATIS
NSATIS GIRLS SENIOR NETBALL
1. Netball shall be conducted under the rules of the AANA except as stated.
2. Games to consist of four (4) twelve-minute quarters, with a 5-minute break at half time and a 2-minute break at quarter and three-quarter time.
3. The home team is to provide the score card and one scorer, visiting team to provide one scorer. Scorers and timers are to sit together and fill out one score card and give a duplicate copy to the visiting school after the game.
4. The timer (countdown timer) must follow the umpire with ten (10) seconds remaining of play in each quarter.
5. Points for roster games to be allotted as follows:
Win – 5 Points
Draw – 3 Points
Loss – 1 Point
Wash Out 3 Points
Forfeit (Win) 5 Points and 3-0 score recorded
Forfeit (Loss) 0 Points and 0-3 score recorded
6. Positional bibs must be worn.
7. When a player has played more than half a roster in a higher division, she shall not play in a lower division.
8. Interchange players can be freely interchanged, but only at injury time or at quarter, half and three-quarter breaks. All players’ names, including interchange, must appear on the score book prior to the commencement of play. If a reserve does not take the court in the Firsts game, she may play in the Seconds game (as long as they comply with Rule 7). Any reserve player who takes the court should have their name on the score sheet.
9. If an injury occurs the clock will be stopped for a period of up to two (2) minutes only. After that time the clock must be restarted. If an injury precludes a player being removed from the court, at least half of the prescribed playing time must be played for a result to stand.
10. Matches must be umpired by badged umpires. In the case where an umpire is unavailable, a representative from each school is to umpire half a game each. For matches against NW schools, the home side shall provide both umpires.
12. Matches must start on time whether all players are present or not. The missing player(s) may not come into play until a goal has been scored and the umpire notified. The interchange rule will apply.
13. Saturday Match Times:
Firsts – 8.30 am
Seconds – 9.30 am
Wednesday Match Times:
Firsts – 3.30 pm
Seconds – 4.30 pm
NETBALL REGULATIONS – SOUTHERN SATIS
1. Grades played include 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Year 10, Year 9, Year 8 and Year 7. There may also be divisions (1&2 or A&B) if there are too many teams for one roster.
2. Schools must have a team in the first division before being allowed a team in the second division.
3. If a school enters more than one team in the same division, there will be no interchange of players between the teams without the permission of the Chair of SSATIS
4. Netball shall be conducted under the rules of the All Australia Netball Association except as stated.
i. Years 7 – 10, 2nd and 3rd Grade matches will be played at school gyms
ii. 1st Grade matches will be played at a central venue
6. Matches for Years 7 – 10, 2nd and 3rd Grade will be scheduled for 4:15pm. In the instance multiple rosters run on the same afternoon, matches may be played in two time slots e.g 4:00pm and 5:00pm. 1st Grade game time will vary according to stadium location and availability but where possible games will be scheduled for 4:00pm and 5:00pm. If a team are not in position to commence the match 15 minutes after the allotted start time, that team will forfeit the match.
7. Match Format:
i. 1st Grade – Games played as 4 x 12min. quarters, 1 x 5 and 2 x 2 breaks.
ii. 2nd Grade – Games played as 4 x 12 min. quarters, 1 x 5 and 2 x 2 breaks.
iii. 3rd Grade – Games played as 4 x 12 min. quarters, 1 x 5 and 2 x 2 breaks.
iv. Years 7 to 10 – Games played as 4 x 10 min. quarters, 1 x 5 and 2 x 2 breaks.
8. Match Officials
i. The home school is responsible for the provision of umpires. If umpires fail to turn up it is to be marked on the score sheet. Umpires are supplied by SSATIS for 1st Grade matches.
ii. A scorer from each school and one timekeeper shall sit together for the duration of the game. Score sheets are to be signed by the umpires at the conclusion of the match
iii. Before the start of the match, names of members of both teams are to be filled in on the score sheets.
i. Players must be correctly dressed in recognised School playing uniforms. No track pants or bike pants are to be worn during play.
ii. Proper netball gloves may be worn.
iii. Positional bibs must be worn.
i. Post covers are to be used around goal posts.
ii. Each team is obliged to provide a match ball
11. A player may play two matches on one day, provided she is playing up from her registered team, and that her name and registered team is filled in on the score sheet. The captain and coach of the opposing team are to be notified (where possible) of this before a player plays in either match.
12. Matches must start on time whether all players are present or not. The missing player may not come into play until a goal has been scored and the umpire has been notified. The interchange rule, as stated below, will apply. Must be 5 players to start a game.
13. Players may interchange when an injury occurs, or at an interval. Players being interchanged may return to the game later. There is no limit to the number of interchanges a team may make.
14. The countdown timer must follow the umpire with 10 seconds remaining in each quarter.
NOTE: THE CLOCK DOES NOT STOP FOR INJURIES OR BREAKS IN PLAY (Except for SSATIS Finals as outlined in Finals Procedure).
15. Where possible, umpires will be independent for all finals.
16. Qualifying players for finals
i. To qualify to play in a final a player must have played at least half of the roster matches played by the team contesting the final.
17. Matches are to be played:
i. 1st Grade at a central venue
ii. 2nd and 3rd Grade – various schools
iii. Year 7 to 10 Grade at the venue determined by the team on the top of the ladder.
18. The SSATIS final is not to be centrally timed. Both schools must provide a time keeper.
i. All injury/illness stoppages, which will include blood, will be up to 30 seconds, and the player concerned must leave the court.
ii. Whoever calls a time out must leave the court immediately – under no circumstances are they to stay on the court. The player leaving the court is allowed to return to the court at the next break whether it be another injury call or at end of Quarter break.
iii. Changes can be made by both teams during an injury time out.
iv. Any further injury time outs called within a quarter must ensure that the player who has called time immediately leave the court and be replaced within a 30 second time frame. All injured/substituted players may return to the court during end of quarter breaks.
20. The countdown timer must follow the umpire with 10 seconds remaining in each quarter.
21. Drawn Final:
i. In the event of a drawn score at full time the teams will be given a 2 minute break before continuing with 2 x 7min halves with an interval of 1 min at half time. The teams will change ends at half time. The centre pass is to be taken by the team entitled to the next centre pass. During this time, normal injury or illness procedures shall apply.
ii. In the event of a draw at the end of extra time, a visual signage/signal is to be used by the umpire to indicate that play shall continue until one team has a 2 goal advantage. At that time they are declared the winner.
22. Results are to be sent to the SSATIS Admin Officer weekly so results can be entered and uploaded to the website.
23. Point score
Win/Forfeit = 5
Draw = 3
Loss = 1
Washout = 3
Forfeit against = 0
For general SSATIS regulations http://www.satis.com.au/regulations-ssatis/
NETBALL REGULATIONS – STATEWIDE
SATIS Netball Last updated on 21/06/2016
Rules and Regulations
1. Netball shall be conducted under the rules of the All Australia Netball Association, except as otherwise stated.
2. The game shall be played on a good standard indoor court with neutral umpires.
3. Games are to consist of four twelve minute quarters with a 5 minute break at half time and a 3 minute break at quarter and three-quarter times.
4. If a result is not obtained at the end of normal time, a further 7 minutes shall be played each end, with a 3 minute break; if the scores are still even, a 2 minute time-out will occur followed by the teams changing end and then continuous play will occur until such time that a team is in the lead by 2 goals. That team will then be declared the winner.
5. Interchange players may be freely interchanged but only during injury time or at Quarter, Half or Three-Quarter breaks. There will be three interchange players and seven players on court.
6. Post covers are to be used around goal posts.
7. If an injury occurs the clock will be stopped for a period of up to two minutes only. After that time the clock must be restarted. If an injury precludes a player being removed from the court, at least half of the prescribed playing time must be played for a result to stand.
7.1 When an injury occurs and the first injury time out per team in each quarter is called the clock will stop for 2 minutes during which time the player can be treated and decided if that player is fit to continue. If an interchange is to occur it must be completed within this timeframe where possible. (this rule will become an exception should it be likely that the injured player will ill benefit from being moved from the court).
Any further injury time outs called within a quarter must ensure that the player who has called the time out immediately leave the court and be replaced within a 30 sec time frame. All injured/ substituted players may return to the court during end of quarter breaks.
8. Matches must start on time whether all players are present or not. The missing player may not come into play until a goal has been scored and the umpire has been notified. The interchange rule will apply.
9. All players’ names, including interchange must appear on the scorebook prior to the commencement of play.
10. The count-down timer must follow the umpire with 10 seconds remaining of play in each quarter
11. Positional bibs must be worn.
12. Approved netball gloves may be worn.
13. Full approved school uniform as per the school’s uniform register must apply.
14. Bike pants may be worn but must not extend below the level of the skirt.